Saturday, February 22, 2014

A test post

This is just a test post, to see what happens. Over the coming weeks and months, I shall be posting snippets from my writings. Meanwhile, here is a taster, the opening two paragraphs of my erotic short story, Post Mortem.

Em worked as a pathologist, which meant she knew exactly what was happening, from the time she found the lump in her left breast, right up to the end. At first, she was upbeat, submitting to the mastectomy almost gleefully. “For God’s sake, Peter. It’s only a tit. It isn’t as though I haven’t got another one for you to kiss.”

The day before the operation, we made love in the morning, and she insisted I pay particular attention to the breast that she was about to lose. “Say goodbye to it nicely. It’ll miss you.” She rode on top, too, in what she described as ‘cowgirl’. “I know you like it, and I won’t be able to do it for a while after the op.” Because she wasn’t supposed to eat anything after five o’clock, we lay around in bed and went out for a late lunch together. I had lasagne, but with her typical sense of humour, Em chose a dish of chicken breasts with mozzarella and pesto, saying, “I need all the breasts I can get.” While she was eating, a splash of oil landed on her blouse, not quite where the lump was, but close enough to make me think it was like a mark on a map. She rubbed at it with the edge of her napkin, but it had soaked into the pale fabric, and all she did was smear it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment